Prom is your time to shine – an opportunity to glamorously showcase who you are, while having a blast with your friends, and maybe even your crush or significant other. Prom will be a night to remember, so you will no doubt want a dress to remember. Follow these five tips on how to make your prom dress pop this year!
- Long or short? Strapless or one-shoulder? Empire waist or mermaid style? To make your dress pop, you’ll want to find a style that both reflects your unique personality and complements your body, so you can feel confident and ready to own the night. Start by browsing through some online inventories of prom dress styles for ideas. Prom dresses in general can get expensive, but there are budget friendly options as well such as these stylish prom dresses under $100. Find your style and color, and voilà! You’re already well on your way to your dream dress.
- You can never go wrong with a dress that LITERALLY pops. Diamonds and pearls are a girl’s best friend, but don’t forget about sequins and sparkles! With more opportunities to reflect light, your dress will literally pop amongst the masses of people on the dance floor. Don’t be afraid to go all out with the shiny factor.
- Whether you get your makeup professionally done or do it yourself, picking hues and shades that complement the color of your dress will draw more attention to it. For example, a deep red lipstick elegantly accompanies black or dark-colored dresses. Light-colored dresses look fabulous with a pastel shade of pink.
- Hair and accessories are a sure way to enhance the bright vibes of your dress. If your prom dress has more detail and pattern to it, you may want to stick with simple accessories and hair so as to not distract from the elegance of your dress. On the other end, if your dress is simple, play up your accessories and hair to enhance the overall look of your dress. Try choosing jewelry that contrasts the color of your dress, such as black jewelry with a pastel-colored dress, to really make it pop. Have fun with your accessories and get creative!
- Lastly and most importantly, you want to LOVE what you’re wearing. So wear what you want, and don’t let anyone tell you differently. No matter what, confidence will make your dress pop so vibrantly that people won’t be able to take their eyes off you.